Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Turquoise is part of my happy place.

Why am I drawn to blue?

Well, I don't really know when it started. 

My mom could probably help to answer that question... 

Anyway, I remember the first time I got to be in charge of decorating my room. I'm talking color, prints, accents, furniture (with in limits). I chose turquoise, "tinker bell" green, zebra print accents, and we had antique beds. That is when I can remember my love for turquoise started. I have loved the color ever since.


{I always make a doodle wall before painting (please tell me I'm not alone in this). 
This is the color I chose the first time I was in charge of decorating.}


Turquoise is part (a big part) of my happy place.  




{it was even a wedding color, sure it was one of five but, I love it!}

{blue eyeliner day. It's a fun pop of color, especially in the warmer months}


Blue hues provide a wave of relaxation, calm, and serenity. 

It's true. Color therapy is a real thing and different colors evoke different feelings and reactions! In high school we had to do a senior project and research paper. For my project, I made a t-shirt quilt (a HUGE thanks to my mom and Aunt Mary on this) and for my paper I studied color therapy. One thing that stuck with me from my research is that when it comes to our food, our minds do not like it blue. If food is blue, it's typically a sign that the food went bad (mold, etc.). So, if you really want to lose weight and get crazy, buy blue plates, paint your kitchen blue, buy a blue bulb for your fridge (it gets crazier), dye you pastas/grains/oats/breads blue. Yeah, I'm serious, that's what is recommended. Craziness...

Below is a chart, if you will, of the meaning and symbolism of Blue. I find it interesting. 

The words that stick out to me are calmness, cleanliness, confidence, depth, hope, peace, quietness, sadness, serenity, tranquility, truth, and value. What struck you?






{t-shirt quilt from high school}

Which color(s) speaks to you?
Turquoise/blue green colors. And Navy. And glitter.

Why do you think that is?
It draws my in and calms me. I feel confident in navy and it looks good with my skin. And who doesn't like glitter??!!


~Emily~






No comments:

Post a Comment