Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bathroom Blues!

I love blue in a bathroom. Typical, I know.

When I think of a blue bathroom I also can't help but think of the ocean, just a little. But, I don't want my beach spaces to be touristy looking. I like a natural, cottage type, beach theme. 

Although there are still some decorating things to do in the bathroom, I wanted to show you our bathroom anyway. :) I love that there are 2 east facing windows which result in a lot of natural light. I would like to paint (even a nice sandy color and keep blue as the accent) and our toilet wall (no picture for you. I'm sure you're devastated.) needs some photos or something. 

Unfortunately, on the other side of the toilet wall is the fuse box so hubby does want to hang shelves cause his stud finder just reads "electrical". 

Sad. 

Anyway! Here is our bathroom and photos from around the web are below that.

{what you see when you first walk in our bathroom}

{close-up of our shell, ocean inspired, shelves}

{awesome blue mini replica of a glass float}

(directly to the left when you walk in. blue and brown!)

{the best photo I could get without a horrid reflection... I bouth this at Big Lots and I love it}

{our shower curtain}

{an unperfect photo of our vanity. unperfect in that the trashcan is full, I should have hid that cord. and taken the silver night/flash light thing out of the wall. The towels are messy. OH well!}

And of course! Some bathrooms I love from around the web. 

{this is too fun!}


{I love this deep blue. Adding coral would be a fun pop of color}


{for those of you who like something more muted. chandelier = <3}


{THIS is so cool! Enough said.}


{this is like being under water in the caribbean or some awesome tropical place}


{like a little vintage flare? you're welcome}


I'm dreaming over here!

Which one is your favorite?

~Emily~





1 comment:

  1. ha the cat in the window of that first pic is priceless! your bathroom looks great and I've always loved those vintage bottles you keep mouthwash, etc in instead of the ugly storebought bottles!

    ReplyDelete