Friday, October 4, 2013

High Five for Friday : Blue Edition

High Five! It's FRIDAAAYYYY!

Linking up with the fabulous Lauren Elizabeth as usual!

ONE: A Meandering Day.
I love days where I just get to poke around. After a dentist appointment, I hit up all the stores I wanted to browse though and I didn't even spend much money. Score!

Here's what I got from the thrift store/rummage sale for  $22.

{I also got 3 white shelves and some fabric napkins}


{and for my 31 days of blue!! I love the bits of blue in this painting I picked up for $6}


TWO: 31 Day Writing Challenge. 
This is my first time joining in with The Nester on her challenge. I choose to write about the color blue (more like the hues of blue) for 31 days. So, far it's going good! I hope you'll join in and enjoy the posts!


THREE: Trash the Dress Session.
I have wanted to do a trash the dress session since before I was married. 

What is "trashing the dress" you ask? Well, you go do something you could normally do in an all white gown. Get in the water, have a paint war, get muddy. 

We were going to get in the water (at the beach) but, when we got to the ocean it just looked ... angry. intense. too powerful. uncontrollable. The hubby and I both grew up being beach goers. Swimming in tides and learning to handle rip tides. But when your gut God is telling you not to do something, don't do it. 

So, instead of trashing the dress, we got some awesome, beautiful, stunning, romantic beach photos and we were able to reminisce over our wedding. Ah, love. <3



{Mitzy helping me put my dress away. I just want to wear it around the house once in a while.}



FOUR: Clean House.
I must be getting older if this is a high, and it is. Whenever people come to visit, I put any kind of cleaning off (other than some laundry, dishes, and the like). Plus, I hadn't really cleaned in a while (I know I'm not the only one)... It's nice to have a clean home. 


FIVE: Pumpkin Scented Candles.
I bought a small one of these a few weeks ago thinking we wouldn't really use it all. Well, it's gone. All used up! So I bought another one. A bigger one. Bigger is better! ;)

{YUM}


I hope you have fun weekend plans! Mike and I were supposed to go whale watching tonight but when you're a paramedic (or married to one), sometimes you don't get off when you're scheduled to. Oh well, maybe next week?

~Emily~





No comments:

Post a Comment