Thursday, October 10, 2013

Neck Drapery aka... necklaces.


If you haven't been reading along, this is the 10th day in a 31 day series. As far as jewelry goes, we've covered blue hued rings (finger candy anyone?) and bracelets. Now, on to necklaces!

As we've established, I love turquoise and I think the amount of blue/turquoise jewelry I have should prove it. I'll try to stop expressing my love for it. <---- yeah right!

I always find a way to sneak it into my outfit. For example, I'm wearing coral in the photo below and my hubby is wearing a shirt with corals, oranges and such in it. And then there is turquoise!

{i realize now that you can hardly see it. but it's my necklace. 
enjoy this lovely photo anyway. ;) thanks.}


I photographed all of the blue hued necklaces I have and I chose my faves!

As I've grown in my personal style, I've come to love anything oceanic. 

{turquoise!}



{this fish is too fun. especially in the summer}



{I've had this necklace for a LONG time. and I'm still not sick of it}





{my sweet husband surprised me with the sea star necklace}




{my mom made me this after I saw an awesome one that I couldn't afford ($400!!). 
Supplies from L.A. It's Spotted Poppy before we were Spotted Poppy}



What's your favorite necklace?

Do you like long or short necklaces?


~Emily~



4 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the starfish necklace!!!! I much prefer longer necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like long necklaces too. I'm surprised that I don't have any long turquoise ones. I may have to fix that...

      Delete
  2. 1. Sea Star necklace. :-) not to be confused with a starfish necklace.
    2. CUTE to display them on all the fence! I love that!
    3. I adore that last one your mom made! Such a cool statement piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) I want to be politically correct on this. Ya know, sine they aren't fish. haha
      2) Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I like the texture of the wood. :)
      3) I really do love it too. I love wearing it with nice jeans, boots/heels, and a white button down shirt.

      Delete