Tuesday, October 8, 2013

All Kinds of Ocean

It has been a couple days of big blue (ocean) stuff over here.

Yesterday, Mike got to go on a shark bite call (the victim is going to be fine. Lucky man!)!! If you are a paramedic or are married to one, you know how cool this is! Anyway...

Something Mike and I have noticed is that we haven't seen any dolphins up here. Odd!

Remember on Friday, when I mentioned whale watching? Well, we went today and we had success!! We didn't have to go far from home (maybe 20 minutes).




We didn't get a picture but we are pretty sure what we saw was a Gray Whale. Not much is really known about whales. If you want to know more about whales in general, click here. It was SO COOL! There was a whale, seals (or sea lions), and I'm sure all kinds of other things. We saw a fin come out of the water and that's when we found the whale. Their fins are huge (even 300-400 yards away from our lookout point). So cool. I don't even know what else to say. :D


"Praise the Lord from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all deeps."
Psalm 148:7 (ESV)

My brother had a shirt he loved that had whales on it. He'll even tell you now, he loved that shirt.

And for your viewing pleasure:


{wearing maxi-skirts before they were cool #trendsetter}


After that we headed north and found a beach (thanks to some direction from my father-in-law) that was COVERED in driftwood. Some people had made forts and there were lots of birds. Yay! Pelicans!



{Whoa driftwood!}


{sorry for the poor quality. I was trying to get closer to the birds...}


{cool rock that you could almost peel apart.}


{more driftwood}


{driftwood fort}


{another driftwood fort. Mike made sure no one was living in this one first. ;) }



How was your Monday?

Have you ever been whale watching?

What's the coolest animal you've seen? Why?



~Emily~



2 comments:

  1. I would love to go whale watching and am uber jealous!!! My favorite animal is a sea turtle, I went snorkeling in the Virgin Islands and swam with them and that is where my love grew from and continues!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Sea Turtles!!

      We were so lucky to see the whale with-in 10 minutes of being there!

      I'm guessing this is Amy??

      Delete