Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Failure and Life.


Today I realized I failed. I didn't update the blog yesterday for the 31 Days of Blue writing challenge. 

This thing called "life" got in the way. 

But I'm glad for it, for this "failure".

We live in such a busy world that the last thing you need to do at the end of a busy day is figure out blog content or stick your face in a computer/tv/phone screen. We need to spend the remaining time in the day with our spouse (or maybe your kids).

My desire is to grow this blog and to share life with you, however I want my content to be real. I don't want to be "reaching" to give you content. So, yesterday after church, spending time with dear family friends (who just happened to drive through our town [they live 10+ hours away}), and hosting a young marrieds bible study; it was time to be with my husband. 

It can be a challenge in itself to say "no" to being distracted by screens. I encourage you to try it. Turn off the TV. Get off of your computer. Put your phone down. Who are the people around you? Get to know them. Love on them.

*Deep thought alert*
I'm so thankful that Christ died for my failures and that he renews my soul! Thank you Jesus!

P.S. While writing this, I had to google "when to use a semicolon" (for all you grammar folks). This is what I found (click the link below the picture). Enjoy!






~Emily~ 





2 comments: