Friday, October 18, 2013

High Five for Friday : Blue Edition 2


Friday, Friday, FRIIIIDAYYY!!!!! (sing it to the tune of "Mail Time" from Blue Clues. Why do I know that song? We would watch it when my bro and sis where at that age. Don't judge me.)


As usual, I'm linking up with Lauren because it's Friday; and that is a reason to celebrate.


ONE. AWANA Conference.
Last Friday I headed to Redding for the AWANA conference. The conference itself was great! I learned a lot and left feeling inspired. But I'm not gonna lie, I was way excited about eating Chipotle and In-N-Out while in Redding. They are the closest to us at 3 hours away...






TWO. Sunday.
Seriously, the whole day was great. Even though I don't know the principle of the Christian school that was being honored on Sunday, I still got a lot from being there. Aunt Brenda and Uncle Jeff (family friends) just happened to coming through the Eureka area (they were on a trip and went out of their way to come here)! The first night of lesson time with our young married group went awesome! Seriously, Sunday was just great. 




THREE. Dates.
I love dating my hubby. I even love that we save money by going to early movies. I'm really trying to take advantage of this time in our life (kid free).

P.S. Go see Captain Phillips!


{this is a really old picture. at least 6 or 7 years old. :P}



FOUR. Pregnancy Care Center of the North Coast & last night's Harvest Banquet.
NO I'M NOT PREGNANT. However, I support their ministry. Carol Everett was the keynote speaker and she was fantastic. Check her out here. I also found out that my grandmother used to volunteer at the crisis pregnancy center near her home in NW Arkansas (even when she was going through cancer). Oh yeah, I finally had an occasion to dress up since moving to Humboldt County. People do NOT dress up here. I was having withdraws. I wore a blue (didn't even think of it for my 31 days challenge) dress with black tights, black leather shoes, a dark bling cuff, blingy ring, and black earrings. It was missed!


FIVE. Organization.
So glad to finally have the top shelf of my closet ORGANIZED! Woot. Now for the rest of the closet...


{super exciting picture. I know.}




I hope you had an enjoyable week! Tell me about it. :)



~Emily~




No comments:

Post a Comment