Monday, December 9, 2013

Accidents, Aches, and Oils

It was Saturday morning. 

Ahh, the perfect day to sleep in and get some rest.

Then My husband called me about 7:30. He had been in a car accident (jeez ice, I didn't realize you two were on bad terms). My husband knows me well and immediately told me he was OK but that I would need to come get him. Thank God he is in one piece and that it wasn't worse than it really could have been! However, accidents have tendency to produce major muscle soreness.



  
{just need to pay the deductible and then we'll have 2 cars again!}



Since insurance will take care of the truck, I've been focused on Mike. He was saying that the right side of his neck and upper back were sore. 

When we were in Missouri, I got a starter kit of essential oils. I have always known about them and that they can work wonders. My friend Hannah, (hey, girl, hey!!) has had a great experience with using essential oils in her home to replace cleaners and most over the counter medicines. How awesome is that?! So, while we were there she had an informational meeting and I knew I wanted to get started with my own oils. Knowing how they have helped my own headaches and such, I knew I needed to find out which ones would be good for muscles.

Panaway and Valor are both good options for muscle soreness. At first, I only used Panaway on him but then asked a facebook group of oil users what they suggested. They said to add Valor. Before bed I rubbed in on his neck and back this morning he had a much better range of motion and less tension his muscles. YAY!


{feel free to ignore Peppermint in this photo... or don't. It's good for pain management, headaches, and nausea!}



Yay for finding more natural solution that won't harm your liver for muscle aches and pains! 

I think it is Mike's turn to rub in some Valor and Panaway between my shoulder blades and on my lower back...


~Emily~


 






2 comments:

  1. I love essential oils. Did you use a carrier oil to apply them? Essential oils are hard on your liver if applied directly to the skin. They are so potent! Jojoba is a fun one, and I bet coconut oil would be good for massage, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I do use a carrier oil, I use coconut oil (it's so great for massage!). My understanding is not all of the oils require a carrier oil. For the blends I used (Panaway and Valor by Young Living), I didn't use a carrier. :)

      Delete