Wednesday, October 3, 2012

California

Friends... a LOT has gone down in the last 5 days.

1) I was "let go" from work. I was super upset (and I'm still a little confused..). 
I loved working there and had no idea it was coming.

2) I have an awesome husband, family and crew of friends. They are all so encouraging.
 I can't tell you how blessed and humbled I feel with the amount of 
emails, texts, comments and phone calls I received. 
You all ROCK.

3) Mike and I realized neither of us have committed jobs here. We don't have a house. Our rent is set up in such a way that we can break our lease with minimal financial penalty (we did that should have to move this year). We have been thinking, discussing and praying about the distance between us and our families for a while. There are more Paramedic jobs open in California than there are here (I know, I was shocked too). 

4) Pray pray pray pray, think, talk, repeat.

5) Decision to move is in place. 
Mike and I will be moving back to Cali on the 19th or 20th.


We are feeling the push and we're taking the step!

I know this is all written in a whirlwind. But man, this life itself is a whirlwind. Enjoy it! 

~Emily~

Psalm 118:8 “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”

FYI... We are selling some things on Craigslist. Check out the links below!!






4 comments:

  1. You know, we've learned that sometimes God has to give us a "shove" when we didn't realize what our next step should be. I bet one day you will be thankful He allowed the CRAZY business method of "NO TALKING TO THE EMPLOYEE FIRST" in dealing with daily company issues. Sometimes the sweetest people do things that confound us but it is all part of His big plan. So the "let go" out of the blue may very well be a gift. Just doesn't feel like it right now. You guys are amazing. It will be fun to peek into your lives over FB, even though you will be so far from the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Pam! I know that every thing works itself out. I'm still learning to allow my self to feel a little, but not dwell. I will continue to enjoy you encouraging and touching fb posts. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, I tried to click on a couple of those listings and they said they needed to be reposted....like they weren't there. With Pinterest I see all sorts of possibilities with some re-do on both pieces of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEk. Thank you for pointing it out! I fixed the links and updated sold things. :) We will have more to post in the coming days. Thanks again for pointing that out.

      Delete