Friday, December 9, 2011

Let's get started

Hello. If your reading this first post, then you probably already know that I'm Emily. I'm 23 years old and I'm married to my (Jr.) high school sweetheart, Mike. It's the best. We live in our 1 bedroom apartment with a cat, Mitzy the Kitzy. She's nuts-o... I live in Kansas City, MO (it's such a great town). I enjoy simply driving around and taking in the architecture and houses in Kansas City.

My Husband and I.


Mitzy the Kitzy. This is what I woke up to.

Why are you starting a blog?
I think it's GREAT to be able to share so much with people and learn from them. I hope you can learn and grow with me as well.

What will this blog be about?
This blog will be about anything DIY... for example, crafts, hair, parties, cooking, makeup, fashion, sewing, cleaning, and what ever life lessons and such I think you should know about.

Why did you move to Kansas City?
From day 1 to age 20, I lived in Southern California. Although California offers B-E-A-U-tiful nature it kinda lacks creative architecture and seasons (in SoCal that is). I was ready for a change. I have an aunt here and she suggested I apply to the University of Missouri - Kansas City and move in with her. Well, I applied after the deadline and got in (don't go thinking I'm some braniack...)! I took that as God saying "GO!". Moving half way across the country is a scary thing, especially when you only (kinda sorta) know your aunt, but not following God and your heart is scarier. I've been here 3 years and it's been a full blessing, no questions asked.

What's my day job?
Hmmm, how to answer this question..? I work for a candle company. I do customer service as well as Small Business Development/Asst. Fundraising Coordinator stuff. :P If you're really that interested, let me know.

OK, I think we're off to a rockin' start!

No comments:

Post a Comment