Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Hagel, The Fairflield and Omaha

The last few weeks have been pure business. But it was worth it. First, my father-in-law was in town for Thanksgiving and we had a great time full of food, museums and quality time. I married a man with french heritage. This picture is from the WW1 museum here in Kansas City. Oddly true. TMI? Oh well...


Even the writers of this informational poster know my husband is hairy...



 
After that whirlwind time with the father-in-law, the Hagel and the Fairfield came. Such Fun! Antiques, cooking and good wonderful life long friends to hang out with makes for a great 4 day weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have any fun antique shopping photos... :( but here is a fun picture taken in Omaha with everyone (but me)!


 

Aunt Brenda (The Hagel), Hailey (The Fairfield), Joslyn and Elliott




After the 4 day weekend, they went to Omaha and I followed 4 days later.  Omaha has a great area called Old Market. It's full of great little shops, restaurants and a park not too far.



A beautiful store front in the Old Market




This slide was SO cool (don't mind the pole)!! I wanted to
go but I would have been going by myself. Maybe next time!
 


Sunday was a crafting day! Hailey found a great tutorial on Pinterest for wine charms. I also made a bracelet and bobby pins. After that craft it was time for good ole' salt dough ornaments!




Before being baked in the toaster oven
 

After baking in the toaster oven


Yay for 2 fun filled weeks with family and friends! Sorry about the photos and lack of photos!


Have you done something you truly enjoy with the people you love lately?





5 comments:

  1. yes i have, my sis (hubbys sis, but my sis too) and i set up our christmas tree together and it looks beautiful. love your little wine charms, are those bottle tops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like lots of fun! I'm glad you got to do some family time.

    They are pendant backings we got from Hobby Lobby (but I'm sure you can get them from JoAnne's). It's a bezel set type design. I was looking at all the others and then I saw these bottle cap ones. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those ornaments are way cute! I love them - how were they made?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll make a post about it! :D But the only thing I showed in this post were the wine charms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are rockin' this blog thing girl!

    ReplyDelete