Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pregnancy Observations

Now that we're closing in on week 20 of this pregnancy, I figured it was time for an update.

We are so grateful to be pregnant. Surprised at how quickly it happened, but so incredibly grateful. I would rather it happen quickly than anything else.

I'm going to be real. :)

First trimester:
  • Fatigue. Oh my goodness I have never felt so tired for so long in my life. I was a sleeping machine!
  • Nausea. I was lucky to really not have much of it. 
  • Vomiting. Sweet potatoes and other thick foods however, were not good to me! They are what would send me to the bathroom. Oh, and smelly, old foods. Gag.
  • I was (and still am) awe struck that I am pregnant.
  • The boobies are really a bit sore.
  • Moods. I'm not really sure how my moods have been. Hopefully not crazy.
  • Yoga pants. Amen.
  • Sports bras. Amen.
Second trimester: 
  • Had our first doctors appointment! It was so cool to hear June Bug's heart beat.
  • I always know where the nearest bathroom is... I think I've been lucky though with not having to pee a ton even though I'm drinking plenty of water.
  • Blessings: A friend of ours received 3 transitional car seats when her son was born. She gave us one of them (never been out of the box). She also sent me home with 2 body pillows and the doughnut. Holy sweetness. Thank you for blessing me!
  • Funny (and embarrassing, maybe) story: Mike and I went shooting and we were driving down a logging road to get to our spot. When we got there I was in a sour mood. Mike was leading the way and I grumpily asked, "how far do we have to walk? Can't we just shoot here?" gripe gripe gripe. Then I knew I had to pee soo bad. I was determined I could hold it but while Mike was setting up targets I yelled, "Don't turn around I'm peeing behind this stump!". He of course just laughed and I did my duty. Right after, and I mean right after, I peed I was in SUCH a better mood! Lesson? Don't hold it to long or you get grumpy. I know no shame.
  • We have decided on a first name for a boy. We're thinking on girl names.
  • I wish I could have a glass of pinot grigio. It's just the taste I miss with some of my dinners. And fake wines might as well be juice...
  • I have some round ligament pain.
  • My sciatica doesn't like me. No more sitting on the floor (good thing I don't have a toddler).
  • Today I had a strong pressure in my pelvis. I'll ask the doctor about it on Friday but from the internet research I did it's all good.
  • I asked Mike what is one way I'm different while pregnant (not physically). He said, "You're way more stubborn. Once you have your mind on something, that's how it has to go." Thank you God for a husband who loves me anyway!
Those are my thoughts and updates for now on pregnancy. I probably should do it monthly. My mom got me a journal for June Bug and this pregnancy and I really enjoy writing in it. So cool to have a place for memories!


~Emily~

No comments:

Post a Comment