Friday, December 6, 2013

My Happy Heart

The last 4-5 months have been... tough. I've been unsettled. Unsure. Dampened in spirit. Don't get me wrong, there have been a ton of fun moments and happy days but always the reoccurring feeling of unease. Oh, peace and calm, how I missed you. 

In the last month or so (since we got back from Kansas City really), the unsettledness is lifting and content is settling in. Content, I've missed you, please don't leave me again. When I'm not having what I call "pregnancy nerves" and I'm feeling "normal" I feel content and at peace. Thank you God for your peace. Oh, what peace and stillness He has shown.

Today after work, I went to see Mike (the hubs). I'm so grateful I can pop in and see him when he's on his 56 hour shift. I'm thankful for this man who is able to keep me calm (and push all my buttons) and make me giggle. I can still hardly believe we will be welcoming a little Ressegue in 6.5 months (wait... what?! That can't be!). Oh, peace and calm, I'm sure I'll miss you again but in a different way.

Sure, the fact that's it's Christmas time could have to do with my happy heart but it started getting happy before that. But that doesn't discount the power of the season! I sang my heart out to Christmas songs on the way home, made dinner, finished work, and started laundry. I even had time to enjoy the Christmas tree(s). Oh, what peace and stillness that brings.

{My ocean themed tree [we have 2 trees]. Please don't judge my unfinished space.}



I also thought I would share these 2 videos with you. One of them is fun and silly and the other is beautiful and gives me chills every time. Hallelujah!






Enjoy your night. Enjoy your family. I know this time of year can be so hard for some but my hope and prayer is that you can find the joy and peace that comes with Christ-mas.





~Emily~


No comments:

Post a Comment