Friday, December 6, 2013

High Five for Friday


Woo Hoo! The weekend is here. I don't much planned in the exciting department but I do in the home department. Anyway... linking up with Lauren today.


Here's what was great about this past week:



ONE. New Job.
I started a new job! I haven't had a job in over a year and it feels great to be back working somewhere. I am now a paid photographer and videographer of ... vehicles. Yay for product photography! I think there are a couple things that helped me get this job 1) I had a marketing internship with Stuff (an awesome little shop in Brookside, Kansas City, MO) where I did product photography (thanks Casey and Sloane!) and 2) I'm good on the phone. My "interview" was via phone and I actually have phone skills (thanks mom and dad for teaching us). Anyway, the pay is awesome and hours are completely flexible. Score!



TWO. Soul Mate.
I got to marry mine. He's my best friend, my soul mate, and my husband. He knows when we just need to go out or when it's a good time to cuddle up and stay in. He knows how to make my laugh and get my irritated in a second (but I love him anyway... ;).



And um... we're on her homepage! Awesome}



THREE. Spotted Poppy.
Things are getting done for Spotted Poppy! More product photography. Yay!






FOUR. Cooking.
I haven't really cooked in a while and it was nice to get back to it last night. Last night was a cauliflower based alfredo sauce. Tonight, homemade beef and broccoli! Here is the link if you're interested ... Cauliflower Sauce



FIVE. Warmth.
We have a heater, a wood burning stove, warm clothes, blankets, and hot water. Plus, it's Christmas time. It's always cozier at Christmas. 



And here is my remake of Carol of the Bells ...

Weekend is here
Bringing us cheer

That's it. That's all I've got.



How was your week? I hope that you are able to find and appreciate the little things that make life great.




 ~Emily~




No comments:

Post a Comment