Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Avalee's Whimsical Baby Shower


Avalee is the daughter of mine and the hubs sweet friends. We can't wait to meet her!


A couple of weeks ago, I co-hosted a baby shower for Avalee. It was so fun! The decor was great, the food and, of course, the people were wonderful also.

To start the baby shower, Carissa (my co-host) came up with a wonderful idea. We all gathered together and each took a turn praying for the new parents to be and Avalee. 
What. A. Sweet. Time.

Here are some photos of the fun day celebrating Avalee!
Enjoy!

We had the baby shower at Carissa's home. Isn't is it beautiful!? I love the beam in the ceiling and the brick mantle. She made that awesome garland hanging from the mantle. Amazing! Ok... back on track. :)

{Carissa's home}

Up close view of the canvas' Carissa made. She also made the triangle bunting. 
Both of these are in the nursery... Go Carissa!!

{Nursery canvas art} 

Chair of honor for Momma Jamie!
 (Also made by Carissa. I promise. I did do something. ;)...) 

{Special chair}

The mobile I made for Avalee used as decoration for the party. (I told you I did something!) 

{mobile} 

Random note: This is a little decoration in Carissa's home. 
She has a style that I would love to learn to incorporate into my home.

{Random home decor} 

The food room!!!! 
We used random containers to hold food and had a fun, mismatch setup.

{Food table}

Strawberry cake! 
The hubby baked it (I was working. He ROCKS.) and I iced it. 
It was fun. I will ice something this way again. It's easier than it looks!

{Cake}

Flowers Carissa made for the light fixture.
These are also being used in Avalee's nursery!

{Flower decor}

Sweet Friends.

{Carissa, Jamie (momma) and me}


Does anybody else have any showers or parties coming up? 
What is your theme? 
Are you DIYing it or purchasing decorations?

I hope you are all having a great, short work week! ;)

~Emily~

5 comments:

  1. this looks like it was fun! and that's a great idea to take turns praying for the parents. it seems easier to pray for them alone, but forget to do that when you are together. love it! and i'm pretty jealous of your friends style haha. do y'all live north or south of the river?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily!

      We live south of the river. Our friends live in Lee's Summit and we live in south KC (Waldo area). :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete