Sunday, July 7, 2013

High Five for.... Saturday??

Hi friends! I missed Friday so, High Five for Saturday!!

ONE. Family Time.
Mike's Dad's side of the family was in town for a week about a week ago. We had so much fun! Mike and his dad went salmon fishing and caught A LOT. Like, 50 + pounds of salmon. Yum! We explored the area and did hiking and swimming and hung out! Here are some pics from their time here.

{Ferndale}


{cute top hat in a Ferndale shop}


{succulents in a planter outside of a shop}

{the shop owner found this walrus skull in Alaska. Cool!}


{a local told us we had to go see this ship builder down an alley...}


{one of his awesome ships}


{the ship builder, Aunt Susie, Mike and Jalene}


{Jalene and me!! I gained a sister marrying Mike. Blessed}


{Mike's aunt got this photo of me on one of our hikes. I love it}


{sorry it's blurry. some of our fun!}


TWO. Photo shoot.
I am not a photographer. I understand angles and light and what not but I am not a trained photographer. But, I had fun taking my brother and his wife's photos. We went to Patrick's Point which is GORGEOUS. Pictures below!

{Kristyn and Andrew}


{Patrick's Point}


THREE. Juice Fast.
We decided to go on a juice fast. All four of us (my bro, his wife, hubby and me)! We originally set a goal of 7 days but ran out of some of the produce but day 5 (tonight). We all feel much better! We went through detox and are ready to start our clean eating lifestyle. Breakfasts were yummy, lunch was hard, and dinner was harder than breakfast but easier than lunch!



FOUR. River time!
The Mad River is so close to our house! Kristyn and I have gone multiple times and we love it. I'm even getting a tan this year. Score. Mike and I have gone swimming a couple times too. 

{the mad river}


{Kristyn and I on our first trip down to the river}


FIVE. Husband.
Mike and I are so blessed. We met in 7th grade and have been inseparable since we became an item in 8th grade (minus 6-8 months sophomore year. That was all Mike... ;). We are truly best friends and really enjoy each other. We also love each other. All I know is we are luckily, sure we have our problems and we work on them like anybody else but we are still blessed.

{somewhat awkward kissing photo of me and the hubs}


SIX. 4th of July.
I love everything it stands for and the way people come together on this day. I'm so thankful for the people who fought (and do fight) for this country! I'm grateful God put me HERE to live. Again, I am blessed!


SEVEN. Job Interview.
I finally had a job interview!!! I should find out about it next week. Feeling hopeful but I won't be crushed if I don't get it.



How were the last couple weeks for you?
How did you celebrate the 4th of July?
How do you best like to spend time with family?




No comments:

Post a Comment